Judicial Council (JC) is a body tasked with determining if there has been a violation of the Provincial Constitution and Bylaws by a member. Some of the areas JC deals with, as outlined in Bylaw 6, are members violating sanctions/crossing picket lines during the negotiation of collective agreements; members making adverse reports to employers about other members; releasing information and breaking confidentiality of meetings, etc.
The Provincial Executive is seeking to fill five (5) vacancies on the OSSTF/FEESO Judicial Council. The appointment term is five (5) years. Members may be members of any other Provincial Standing Committee or Council.
- Possess extensive and thorough knowledge of the OSSTF/FEESO Constitution, Bylaws, organizational structure, and established practices and procedures.
- Previous experience in successful conflict resolution at the workplace, bargaining unit, district and/or provincial level would be beneficial.
- Experience in quasi-legal proceedings would be an asset.
- Bilingualism in French and English would be an asset.
Judicial Council members must be able to receive time release from their employer. There is a minimum of three (3) meetings per year for the council not including JC hearings.
Deadline: June 9, 2017
Interested candidates are to submit the following documents to Rob Dubyk, Secretariat Liaison to Judicial Council, via mail (60 Mobile Drive, Toronto, ON, M4A 2P3), fax (1-416-751-7079), or e-mail (email@example.com), by 4:00 p.m. on June 9, 2017:
- A letter of application outlining their suitability for the position; and
- The name and contact information of two (2) OSSTF/FEESO members, of which one must be in a leadership role at the bargaining unit, district, and/or provincial level, who may be contacted as a reference as part of the selection process.