The Mediation Services Resource Bank (MSRB) is currently looking to fill a vacancy on its team.
The MSRB consists of twelve members trained in mediation and conflict resolution. They volunteer their time preparing and facilitating mediations between
OSSTF/FEESO members who are in conflict.
- Previous experience in successful conflict resolution at the workplace, Bargaining Unit, and/or District level would be
- fluency in written and spoken French is an asset, and
- twelve-month employees are encouraged to apply.
- members are required to prepare and set the groundwork for mediation sessions they are assigned,
- members may be required to travel to every part of the province to perform mediations between members, and
- members are required to provide training in conflict resolution for members.
- The MSRB meets two times per year (fall and spring) for up to 1½ days,
- members must also be willing to engage in ongoing training, and
- members must be able to secure release time from their District and/or Bargaining Unit to attend meetings, perform mediations, and participate in training.
The deadline for applications is October 16. Interested candidates are to submit, via mail, email or fax, a letter of application describing your interest and experience in mediation and conflict resolution, resume or curriculum vitae, and a letter of reference from an elected/appointed OSSTF/FEESO District/Bargaining Unit/Sector Representative.
Send submissions to Gary Fenn, OSSTF/FEESO 60 Mobile Drive, ON, M4A 2P3; Fax: 416.751.7079; Email: email@example.com.