The Mediation Services Resource Bank (MSRB) is currently looking to fill a vacancy on its team.
The MSRB consists of twelve members trained in mediation and conflict resolution. Members of the MSRB volunteer their time to prepare and facilitate mediations between OSSTF/FEESO members who are in conflict. Costs pertaining to release time, travel and training are covered by the Provincial Office.
- Prepare and set the groundwork for mediation sessions they are assigned.
- Travel to potentially every part of the province to perform mediations between members.
- Provide training in conflict resolution for members.
- The MSRB meets two times per year (Fall and Spring) for up to 1½ days.
- MSRB members must be willing to engage in ongoing training.
- MSRB members must be able to secure release time (paid for by the provincial office) from their District and/or Bargaining Unit to attend meetings, perform mediations, and participate in training.
- An interest in and knowledge of addressing conflict using mediation, restorative practice and/or alternative dispute resolution.
- Previous experience in successful conflict resolution at the workplace, Bargaining Unit, and/or District level would be beneficial.
OSSTF/FEESO values the participation of members with different voices from lived experiences. We recognize that the selection of candidates for Federation positions from members of equity-seeking groups is an asset. Self-identification of membership in equity seeking group(s) is voluntary. If you choose to self-identify, please let us know any that apply to you:
- Racialized Person
- FNMI (First Nations, Métis, Inuit)
- Person with a Disability
The deadline for application is May 31, 2019. Interested candidates are to submit, via mail, email or fax, (1) a letter of application describing your interest and experience in mediation and conflict resolution, (2) a resume or curriculum vitae, and (3) a letter of reference from an elected/appointed OSSTF/FEESO District or Bargaining Unit Representative.
Please direct submissions and inquiries to:
OSSTF/FEESO 60 Mobile Drive, ON, M4A 2P3