The Ontario Teachers Insurance Plan (OTIP) Teaching Awards recognize and celebrate teachers who make a difference…teachers who light a spark in students, inspire their colleagues, and give parents confidence.
The 2021 OTIP Teaching Awards are open for nominations. The deadline for nominations is March 31, 2021.
There are three categories of awards: elementary school teacher, secondary school teacher, and beginning teacher in the first five years of teaching. A teacher may be nominated by anyone—professional colleagues, students, parents, or the general public.
Your nomination must address how your teacher meets all the following criteria:
- uses innovative teaching methods, designs creative programs, and develops exciting learning experiences for Ontario students;
- make a difference in students’ lives by engaging them in the process of learning and creates enthusiasm for learning by raising their sights, broadening their horizons, and enhancing their learning potential;
- demonstrates understanding and integration of community diversity into classroom practices;
- encourages the sharing of community and individual resources in the schools of our province; and
- demonstrates a personal commitment to lifelong learning.
The Ontario Teachers Insurance Plan (OTIP) and the Ontario Teachers’ Federation (OTF) are proud sponsors of the OTIP Teaching Awards. For many years, these awards have recognized the excellence of our teachers in publicly funded education.
Further information is available here.