OSSTF/FEESO is strongly committed to supporting and promoting evidence-informed practices in public education. As part of that commitment, OSSTF/FEESO supports high-quality research and is pleased to announce up to three research grants of up to $3,500 each, to support conducting, presenting, and publishing research in support of public education and anti-racism.
- Relevance to 2023-2024 research priority, listed below;
- Willingness to write a summary report for OSSTF/FEESO and/or an article for Education Forum magazine;
- Evidence of support for public education and/or the labour movement in previous publications and activities;
- Quality and feasibility of the project for which funding is sought;
- A budget of estimated research expenses.
Theme Identified for the 2023 – 2024 Academic Year:
- How identity-based hate speech impacts school climate and student/staff mental health
Note: At least one of the three awards will be reserved for researchers who self-identify as a member of a First Nation, Métis, Inuit and/or equity-seeking group.
The application deadline for the 2023 – 2024 Academic year is January 5, 2024. All successful applicants will be informed by February 15, 2024.