The theme for OSSTF/FEESO Education Week May 2 to 6 is ‘Strengthen Public Education – Rebuild Ontario’. This year, more than ever, it will be important for our members to recognize Education Week and to get involved in some of the activities that we are planning during the next month. Teachers and Education Workers should be proud of highlighting their work in their neighbourhoods and in their communities.
OSSTF/FEESO has developed several short animations that you can share on social media that focus on our education platform, Strengthen Public Education – Rebuild Ontario. Some of the recommended activities that you can undertake during Education Week include:
- Sharing the OSSTF/FEESO education platform with your friends and family
- Wearing Red for Ed in your schools during Education Week
- Being your Bargaining Unit representative on your school’s parent council
- Attending upcoming local and provincial rallies which highlight and fight against cuts to public services
- Asking your union how you can get involved
- Volunteering in a local candidate’s campaign
- Donating to a local candidate’s campaign
- VOTING in the upcoming June 2 Provincial Election
Thank you for your contributions and for being there for the students and families in Ontario.