The Provincial Executive is inviting additional applications from members to participate in the newly formed Community Organizing Ad Hoc Work Group, as approved at AMPA 2022 as part of the Strategic Action Plan 2022-2023.
After an initial round of applications, OSSTF/FEESO is seeking applicants from members of First Nations, Métis and Inuit and equity-seeking groups to apply to the Ad-Hoc Work Group.
We are also seeking applicants from these specific regions:
- Northern Ontario
- Southwest Ontario
- Eastern Ontario
If you had previously applied, your application is still being considered.
This Ad Hoc Work Group shall take part in discussions that will answer key questions as laid out in our strategic action plan, ‘Organizing for Better Schools, Stronger Communities’:
- How do we support and engage with our local leaders to identify and develop positive productive community relations?
- How will we know the relationships are positive and complement each other? What are reasonable goals to expect from these relationships?
- What strategies and supports can we deploy to sustain these relationships over the long term?
- How can local efforts be calibrated to synchronize with the eight provincial/organizational goals?
- What can we learn from our districts with established cultures centred around fostering community relationships?
The 2022-2023 work group will research best practices for community organizing. The work group will also provide recommendations to the Provincial Executive on how to position the federation to develop and support a sustainable long-term outreach plan.
Members who are interested in applying should do so by Friday, August 26, 2022.