Do you know of a teacher who creatively explores economic concepts or topics in the classroom? Someone who brings stale figures to life to help students navigate their financial futures?
Now’s your chance to help them shine!
The Bank of Canada Museum’s Award for Excellence in Teaching Economics recognizes outstanding economics educators.
In addition to the award, two winning teachers will each receive:
- a cash prize of $1,000
- a trophy
- a gift basket of resources and supplies for their class
- be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident teaching in Canada
- be a certified teacher working full- or part-time at a Canadian school in either the 2022-2023 or 2021-2022 school year
- have taught (or be teaching) students in grades 6–12
- have taught an economic concept to the grade level listed above, in either the current or previous school year
Topics may include early trade in Canada, financial markets, the future of work, inflation and interest, the green economy, or another connected topic.
Nominations are open until March 12, 2023, at 11:59 p.m. ET.
For more information and to submit a nomination, visit the Bank of Canada Museum website.